Summer Drama Camps for young people who Stammer
Irish Stammering Association is delighted to bring you news of summer drama camps for young people who stammer.
Irish Stammering Association Youth Theatre (ISAYiT) will be holding week-long camps in
Dublin, July 8-12
Cork, July 15-19
Galway, July 22-26
Led by teachers from the Gaiety School of Acting, ISAYiT! provides a place for young people who stammer from age 8
to 16 to try acting and stagecraft. There will be plenty of fun and games during the week and new friends to be made.
ISAYiT! drama camps offer children who stammer an opportunity to express themselves creatively among a group of their peers in an environment where they will not be judged by how they speak.
Feedback from children and parents from previous groups has been very positive. From ISAYiT! participants…
- “I can be myself”
- “I was able to talk in front of an audience”
- “Don’t worry, it doesn’t have to be perfect”
- “I had a great time and met lots of new friends”
Parents said, my child learned…
- “that she can do things and not to assume she can’t”
- “to take risks and relax”
- “that he’s not the only one and he’s more confident in himself”
Cost: €100 per child to attend for a week. This is subsidized by HSE / National Lottery grant.
for more details 085 185 7721