- 10:00 am Welcome – Michael O’Shea & Jonathon Linklater
- 10:05 am Icebreaker 10:20 am Adrian Bradley – International Communication Project 2014
- 10:35 am Martha Glynn – “We speak with one voice!”
- 10:45 am Neil Wallwin – Stammering research
- 11:00 am Tea & coffee break
- 11:15am Veronica Lynch – Irish Stammering Association Chairman
- 11:45 am Patricia Kennedy – Sticks & Stones anti bullying programme
- 12:15 pm Constantin Manole & Karen Neligan – “We speak with one voice
- 12:30 pm Dr. Allan McGroarty – Quack stammering therapies, quick fixes, bogus treatments and charlatans
- 1:00 pm Lunch
- 1:45 pm International Communications Project 2014 speech bubbles
- 2:00 pm Michael Ryan – “What we have to say is important”
- 2:50 pm Callum Wells – Stammering in the classroom: advice for teachers & parents
- 3:15 pm Beth Moore & Simon Walsh – ” We speak with one voice”
- 3:30 pm Conor Tiernan – “Attitudes”
- 3:45 pm John Harrison – author of ‘Redefining Stuttering’
- 4:15 pm Open mic
- 4:25pm Closing comments – Michael O’Shea & Jonathon Linklater
- 11:00 am to 1:45 pm – ISAYIT! drama group facilitated by Gaiety School of Acting – Breakout room 2
- 12:20 pm to 13:30 pm – ISA Parent Support Network meeting (all parents welcome) – Breakout room 1
- 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm – McGuire Programme information session
- 2:40 pm to 3:25 pm – ISA Teenager session – Breakout room 2
This year’s speakers include:
- Dr. Alan McGroarty, University of Strathclyde
- Simon Walsh, Diary of a Stutterer (Multiple blog award nominee 2013 and 2014)
- Veronica Lynch, ISA Chair
- John Harrison, author of ‘Redefining Stuttering’
- Anita Blom, vice chair of the European League of Stuttering Associations
- Callum Wells, Speech and Language Therapist : stammering and education
- Adrian Bradley – Speech and Language Therapist : International Communication project 2014
- Michael O’Shea – Author of ‘Why I Called My Sister Harry’
- Niall Wallwin – Stammering Research
- Patricia Kennedy, Sticks & Stones anti-bulling programme
Other speakers to be announced this week
This year’s National Stammering Awareness Day (NSAD) will take place in the Jury’s lnn Custom House. Custom House Quay, Dublin on Saturday 18th October.
The 2014 National Stammering Awareness Day will be in its 8th year and once again it is being kindly sponsored by ‘Speak Soon Communications’.
Irish Stammering Association and Irish McGuire Programme also provide financial support to the event.
“We speak with one voice!” is this year’s theme. This is a great opportunity for all who are interested in stammering to attend and get involved. Family & friends are very welcome.
There will be a range of speakers throughout the day including people who stutter and professionals who work in the field including speech and language therapists.
The day will also feature a breakout session for parents and an ISAYiT! drama group for young people who stutter facilitated by the Gaiety School of Acting.
Once again, there will be a group running for young people and teenagers to meet and talk about stammering.
The day starts at 10 a.m. and runs until 4.30 p.m. Admission is free; refreshments will be served.