ISA are running a series of pilot workshops to support people who stutter to get into employment.
We’re delighted to be working with SECAD in Cork for our first workshop. SECAD Partnership supports people into employment in South and East Cork. SECAD’s employment service aims to guide people towards the right supports depending on their needs and circumstances, be it unemployed or perhaps in need of short term job specific training and help to apply for jobs.
Our first workshop takes place in Cork on Wednesday 26th June. Places for this initial workshop are very limited so please contact us if you would be interested in attending.
We know that people who stutter can feel there are barriers to working.
- People feel they have low confidence going into an interview situation or even approaching potential employers in the first place because of their stammer.
- People may not be getting work even though they have degrees related to the jobs being offered e.g. engineering
- Some people have no difficulty when performing or public speaking in other situations but they stammer when confronted with an interview situation.
- Due to low self-esteem some people are reluctant to even attempt a job search
Our Cork workshop in partnership with SECAD will provide participants with information on…
- An application and interview process
- What employers are looking for
- What to say at interview
- How to talk more comfortably about stuttering in an interview
- We’ll also have a ‘questions and answers’ session for potential interview candidates – what do you want to know?
A further workshop will take place in Dublin later in the year. If you’d like more information please call us on 01 872 4405 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org